Canadian Buyers Information
Helpful Information on Importing Your RV into Canada
Purchasing your new RV in the US and importing it back home to Canada is really quite simple. There is a little bit of paperwork to be filed (which we take care of for you) and a step-by-step process outlined below for you to be aware of. This is a great time to buy an RV from the US! We will guide you through the entire process and save you thousands of dollars on the camper of your dreams.
If you have any questions on buying, financing and importing your new RV into Canada call us at 866-876-6207
- Recall Clearance Letter - we provide this to you. The recall clearance letter allows you to pass Federal Inspection. Recall clearance indicates the absence of any safety defect on your vehicle that would be identified by the manufacturer as posing a potential safety risk to the vehicle’s operator, occupants and public at large unless corrected. You must have this document in order to pass the federal inspection. ( Motorhomes only)
- Buyers Order - Supplied by us and given to you during the paperwork process.
- Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin - We will provide you with the original certificate of Origin for your unit.
- All fees at the Canadian border will be the responsibility of the buyer. The Canada Border Services Agency will NOT accept cash or checks for the fees. The Canada Border Service Agency will inform you of any and all requirements that need to be taken care of upon arrival in Canada.
- We will deliver the RV to the border. If we deliver it to the border you will need to have the proper trailer hitching installed on your vehicle to tow it home.
The Canadian Registrar of Imported Vehicles (RIV) has a great website outlining all the necessary steps and documentation required. Again, we will supply you with all the paperwork you will have to cover the import fees.
The complete import process is outlined step-by-step here: http://www.riv.ca/english/html/how_to_import.html
Phone numbers to have on hand:
Registrar of Imported Vehicles
Fax: (416) 626-0366
Hours of service
Mon. to Fri.: 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 midnight (EST)
Sat. and Sun.: 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (EST)
Canada Border Services Agency
In Canada: 1-800-461-9999 (English); 1-800-959-2036 (French)
Outside Canada: (506) 636-5064 (English); (506) 636-5067 (French)
In Canada: 1-800-333-0371
Outside Canada: (613) 998-8616
Fax: (613) 998-4831